Main Forum | Post Reply
Some very sad news today .....
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 29, 1:14am EST

Some very sad news today .....
Posted by Pearle (moderator) 21 Mar 2019 11:28am

As some of you know, our beloved Tournament Director, DeDe, and player, Duddle, was having some heart issues and was hospitalized. I just learned today that DeDe (Darlene) passed away this morning. I know she had many friends (players and fellow TD’s) and she will be sorely missed. Hosting was the one thing she could put her heart and soul into and would have done it 24/7 if possible. She always did her job with the players foremost in her mind. She wanted EVERYONE to be a winner and loved all of you deeply. We would like to honor Darlene with “IN MEMORY OF … “ tournaments in Gin, Backgammon and Cribbage and all proceeds will be directed to her family in this time of sorrow. Once the tournaments have been set I will update the forum so as many of you players can join us and share some happy memories of Darlene. If anyone would like to make a personal donation, you can do this by sending a contact us asking to donate X amount of tix to the account of DeDe. I am not sure if you all know, but her 99 year old Mum survives her, as does her husband Garry and children and grandchildren, so please keep her family in your prayers.

Dede
Posted by GoDiva (moderator) 21 Mar 2019 11:58am

Unbelievably sad news. I'm in a state of total shock. We just weren't expecting this. I got the news during my last crib tourney and ran the whole thing on autopilot, tears running down my face. I have known Dede a very long time and we have shared much together. I am going to miss her badly, as will we all. My condolences and very best wishes go to her family who will have been hit very hard by their loss.

DeDe
Posted by ChrisCrossed (TD) 21 Mar 2019 12:50pm

I am so deeply saddened to hear this news. DeDe was such a treasure. I have not known her as long as many of you have, but I learned early on she was genuine and upbeat. She truly loved all her players. She told me may times that she was so very happy when she was hosting tourneys and interacting with her players. She will be sorely missed by all of us.

DeDe
Posted by MAB (moderator) 21 Mar 2019 1:09pm

She was an asset to the TD team and to the games. The most fun she had was hosting in GC. She will be greatly missed by many.

SO SAD
Posted by Redy (TD) 21 Mar 2019 2:32pm

I opened my email a short time ago, and found the message from Pearle. Needless to say, I was totally shocked and saddened. Darlene was a wonderful and competent TD and subbed many times for me, when I couldnt host.
May she RIP with the good Lord Jesus.

dede
Posted by Star (TD) 22 Mar 2019 1:26am

today when I got home from having a wonderful time with my pastor wife and ladies of my church checked in for my Gin tourney Pearle told me that Darlene has passed away I could not hold back a tear but did not want my grandson know that I was sad but you all know kids they know things... anyways when my son got home from work I went to my room and closed the door while later he comes and asked me so what happened who past away I go Darlene and cry more and he came huged me and said sorry mom I know she was a dear friend to you.. She so was her and I would talk for hrs any before she came a td we would talk and play canasta together her and I were night owls so we would stay up wee late in the night just talking about God and our family I now feel I have no one to turn too. her and her family are in my prays.

DeDe
Posted by Giants (TD) 23 Mar 2019 12:22am

What a sad day indeed. Dede was one of the TD's that was the glue that held tournaments and players together. Her passion and love for the games and the players was an example for all to emulate. She was always willing to step in to help with advice and would go out of her way to help new players learn the 'ropes'. Many of us will miss her dearly.

De DE
Posted by duster340 27 Mar 2019 3:22am

I live in her home town and she stopped by where I work and said hello. Nice lady!

Passing of Dede
Posted by BabyBlues26 (VIP) 17 May 2019 10:48am

WOW! After taking a 6 month break from GC. I have come back to realise that Dede has passed away! I remember playing in one of my last tournaments with her before I left. I'm saddened by this as all I got to say was "gg thanks" I definitely didnt think it was a "Goodbye". She will be greatly missed by her players, TD family and of course by myself.

Death often leaves us with a headache
No one can heal,
Love leaves a memory, That no one can heal

RIP Dede aka Duddle, Darlene! You will forever be missed & remembered!

The best hand holder there was...
Posted by cykoholic (VIP) 11 Jun 2019 10:06am

I'm not sure how this news for under my radar for as long as it did...almost long for the bliss that ignorance can provide. DeDe was one of my very few friends whom I know only online but she made me feel like we were buds from way back.
I play crib from my phone and because of this I don't see the red brackets so one day I asked De to "hold my hand" since I can't see who I'm playing and need to be informed. This became a long running little item of amusement among 3 or 4 of the hosts and I. Whenever I entered one of her tourneys I'd get a "So glad you came, cyko...my hand is here for the holding" or something similar. I'm truly, truly saddened by this. My heart is as empty as my hand is right now. Love you De.

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map