Main Forum | Post Reply
Tourney games
Play cribbage tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 28, 3:54pm EST

Tourney games
Posted by KymB (VIP) 5 Aug 2022 12:44am

Hi everyone. I haven't been on this site for over 3 years. It was nice to see some of my old friends. I noticed that we don't have the 2 or 3 Ticket tourney's any longer. It would be nice so that some of us who are not high rollers can play. Thanks

Hi Kym
Posted by MAB (moderator) 7 Aug 2022 2:01pm

Happy you stopped by again. Enjoy the games. We will pass on your inquiry about 2 and 3 tickets tourneys. Most of those went away about 4 years ago when very few players would play them. They wanted a chance to win bigger payouts. Also, 10 years ago a cup of premium caramel coffee at Starbucks was $2. Now it's $5. Unfortunately, the expense to keep the site running has increased by about the same percentage.

HMMMM....
Posted by ImDerc (VIP) 9 Aug 2022 10:44am

Been playing tourneys off an on for the duration of the time frame you mention MAB, not sure the number of players has anything to do with the cost to enter a tourney.
3 or 4 years ago just as many high value tourneys got cancelled due to lack of participants as lower value tourneys did. Think the probability of enough players showing up for a tourney depends mainly on who is on site or the time of the day.
Think to suggest GC increased the average cost of each tourney due to the majority of people wanting bigger payouts is misleading. I can't remember GC asking me what I prefer & doubt anyone else could either; mainly because that was a decision they made without any consultation or consideration of what the players preferred.
Jump in the main hall at any given time & pretty sure you'll find the majority of cash tables set are for just a few dollars. So if more players are only willing to bet small amounts there, doesn't it make sense more would play tourneys if the entry price was lower?
Anyway, not overly fussed either way & can't believe people are stupid enough to buy a cup of coffee for $5 at Starbucks. Buy a coffee machine for $50 & then make yourself unlimited coffees for under a dollar, lol.

hmmm
Posted by KymB (VIP) 15 Aug 2022 11:59am

wELL STATED!!

hi Kim
Posted by aussiegirl26 (VIP) 16 Aug 2022 8:58am

welcome back,I too remember those days and wish I could just come and hop on a table for a few cheaper games instead of what seams to be millionaires row sometimes 😉

I understand everyone's opinion, however ....
Posted by Pearle (moderator) 17 Aug 2022 12:26pm

As Mab stated above, "Unfortunately, the expense to keep the site running has increased by about the same percentage." With that said, as prices for EVERYTHING seem to be on the rise, so does the cost of maintaining websites, updating programs and security for all the players fun and safety. While the price to play in some of the games has increased, the percentage that the volunteers receive has stayed the same forever. Remember, you don't have to play in tourneys, you can always play free games in the main hall or you can pick up other games for 1 tix, 2 tix, and up. Have fun!!! That is our main objective.

I wish
Posted by 221bBakerSt (VIP) 21 Aug 2022 1:37am

I wish I could buy gas at $1.89 like 18 months ago. Eggs at $1 a dozen, or even pay a reasonable rent or mortgage. Maybe some of the old timers will throw in a 3 tix match once in a while, like Pearle or Bones. I expect we have to get used to 5 tix at the lowest though. Welcome to the new American leadership.

Now Available
Posted by Bones (TD) 29 Oct 2022 7:56pm

3 and 4 tix games are now available each weekend during the noon hour. Hope all can join!

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play cribbage tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map