Main Forum | Post Reply
A few comments
Play mahjong tournaments online
It's now:   Mar 28, 8:28pm EST

A few comments
Posted by Charmeuse (VIP) 31 Dec 2017 11:55pm

Discards on the floor and also other people's pongs/chows/kongs are very hard to read. Seriously, I'd rather have the screen in a 2D setting rather than 3D. No point to get fancy on graphics. Also, sound for the discard tiles is pretty annoying. Gives me headache. Other than that, I cannot see part of my tiles when the pong/chow/kong/pass/mahjong selector is on, which doesn't make sense at all. How do I know what I want to do with my tiles when I cannot see the whole picture. That's it for now. Hope these comments help.

How to view discards, etc.
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 1 Jan 2018 1:15am

To get a great view of discarded tiles for any player or in the open discard area, just double-click on that area - and the camera would zoom in for a great view. Click again to zoom out.
To get rid of the sounds, select Menu and click on the Microphone to turn it off.
We will improve the positioning of selectors in our bext Beta release scheduled for Jan 14

Posted by Charmeuse (VIP) 1 Jan 2018 11:43am

The problem is, when I am viewing the discards, I cannot see my own tiles. Having 3D graphics is fancy but seriously not effective. Not that I don't want sound either on discards, but the current sound is plainly not pleasant at all. I did a second testing on HK mahjong. What are the green and red dragons doing in the set? We don't have that in Hong Kong mahjong at all.

I assume, 1 round of east wind is the regular length of game, and that sounds reasonable. However, what's the payout? If ticket payout is 1 for 1, it's not worth paying if it's taking so long for game though.

About the red and green dragon
Posted by Charmeuse (VIP) 1 Jan 2018 11:53am

I am getting what they are now, they are the fat/red chung/white board, right? Please show them in how they look like in regular mahjong tiles in all sets (the Chinese way). Very confusing!

Mahjong Dragons, payouts, etc.
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 1 Jan 2018 12:38pm

We currently offer 3 different mahjong tile sets that are based on 2 different original Chinese standard sets and that can be selected via options. The dragons are below. We will consider adding more tile sets.

As opponent discards the tiles, every separate discard as it happens is shown in zoomed 2D view for a couple of seconds.
Also, it takes 1 double-click to zoom to review the discarded tiles (for any player or open discard) and 1 click to return to viewing own tiles (main view). Unless a player keeps forgetting what the discarded tiles were, there's no need to constantly re-zoom the discards.
If the game is for $Tickets, the payout depends on the entry fee which may vary from 0.5 Tickets to $200 Tickets and the site's commissions are described here.

Posted by Charmeuse (VIP) 3 Jan 2018 1:22pm

MHO, most successful mahjong sites have graphics on 2D rather than fancy 3D and they all work effectively for years. Gamers don't really care about fancy graphics, they'd rather have screens that are easy to look at. GC games like Gin Rummy and others are all in 2D. I assume nobody has complained about them because they are not fancy enough, and the screens with big cards have worked beautifully for years since I have terrible eye problems. I don't think anybody would like to click on the screen and zoom in and out all the time. This is not any of those fancy MMORPG games like World of Warcraft. As a very advanced mahjong player myself, I'd have little interest straining my eyes playing the game on this current 3D setting, sorry to say, even though I know my chance of winning will be better than average. I hope you can offer a choice of 2D graphics in the future.

We will be offering a non-default 2D viewing option for mahjong
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 3 Jan 2018 2:45pm

Yes, we will be offering a non-default 2D viewing option for mahjong.

Complete instructions please
Posted by MagicGames (VIP) 15 May 2018 8:41pm

READ THE RULES AND ALL IT SAID WAS that it is like gin and what to colelct. I could not pick up from the discard table and thuse did not make any headway until my opponent won each hand. Yet, he picked up some of my discards. Directions could be improved so one reading and we could play understanding the process. Won't play this for tix until I understand all aspects of play. Thanks. Very interesting. What is "CHOW" and when is "pass" used. Could not find the explanations. Did not know where else to look. Thanks

Rules for real Multiplayer Mahjong
Posted by webmaster (moderator) 16 May 2018 5:02pm

For RedMahjong variation, the rules and the short video are at the link below:
http://mahjongjoy.com/red_mahjong.shtml

For Japanese Riichi mahjong version:
http://mahjongjoy.com/riichi_mahjong.shtml

For Hong Kong mahjong variation:
http://mahjongjoy.com/hongkong_mahjong_rules.shtml

- CHOW is 3 same-suit consecutive tiles
- PASS can be used to decline picking an opponent's discard that is suitable for a combination (e.g. CHOW combination) and, instead, to pick from a 'wall'.
- various AUTO-PASS options can be set to make a game faster

Bookmark and Share    ...and Earn Free Tickets!
Play mahjong tournaments online

At GameColony.com you can play games of skill only -- play for free or play for $prizes!. According to the statutes of most states in the United States, gambling is defined as: "risking something of value upon the outcome of a contest of chance". (Also see No Gambling!).   The skill (as opposed to chance) is predominant in games of skill. Playing games of skill for $prizes, therefore, has nothing to do with gambling as it is not a contest of chance -- the more skillful player will win far more often. The chance element of a 'gamble' is either insignificant or missing. When players compete in tournaments or games of skill for $prizes -- it is "competitive entertainment" rather then "gambling". The more skilled winner will always win more matches, tournaments and $prizes.
Affiliate Program

Copyright © 2024

Site map